Your Next House for Rent Might be Found in Plattsmouth, NE
Plattsmouth is the county seat of Nebraska's Cass County. It's located south of Papillion and Bellevue, meaning that homes for rent offer residents easy commutes and plenty of attractions, amenities and opportunities to make life in Nebraska a dream.
Historical Facts About Plattsmouth
- Samuel Martin got a permit from the secretary of war to build a trading post in what is now Plattsmouth. He built a two-story house and another building where he met to trade with the Otoe and Pawnee Indians.
- A town-company was formed in 1854. The following March, Plattsmouth was incorporated by the legislature and named the seat of Cass County.
- Overland freighting was Plattsmouth's primary industry. People liked the route from Plattsmouth to Ft. Kearny because it was shorter than others, had fewer tributaries to cross and was less likely to put travelers in danger of Native American attacks.
- The city was named Plattsmouth because the mouth of the Platte River emptied into the Missouri River near the site.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- New residents would do well to check out Plattsmouth's official website. It has all the details new renters need to feel comfortable in the community. Government information, department contacts, recreation activities and event calendars can be found on the page.
- Cass County's website is another source that can help new residents get situated in the area. It has details about Plattsmouth as well as the other communities in the county.
- Plattsmouth Community Schools' website is a wonderful source of information for parents interested in researching the local education offerings. It has registration information, curricula, schedules and guides to each facility.
- The Fremont Tribune's Plattsmouth Journal page has local news stories that will interest residents, whether it's about sports, opinions, community events or announcements.