Find Houses for Rent in Charming South Sioux City, NE
South Sioux City is in Dakota County, Nebraska. It's located right across the Missouri River from Sioux City, Iowa. With the motto, "Where quality of life is a cardinal rule," you can bet that homes for rent in the city offer residents access to all of the amenities that make raising a family and settling down a breeze.
Historical Information About South Sioux City
- A member of the Lewis and Clark Expedition, Sergeant Floyd, was likely one of the first white men in what is now South Sioux City.
- South Sioux City was platted and incorporated in 1887.
- Across the river, Iowa's Sioux City was known for gambling, prostitution and rowdy saloons even though the law forbade them. As townspeople began to crack down on these issues, saloon keepers and gamblers moved across the river into Nebraska.
- In 1893, the settlements of Stanton and Covington were integrated into South Sioux City.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- South Sioux City has a comprehensive website that's the perfect tool for new residents to use to get acquainted with the city. It posts recent videos, a calendar of events, community updates and more to help new renters get on their feet and stay connected to their neighbors.
- The South Sioux City Convention and Tourism Bureau's site is a gold mine as far as the city's attractions go. It lists upcoming events, local attractions, places to eat, sites to visit and other useful information that will help families find fun things to do.
- South Sioux City Community Schools' website is a wonderful resource for parents who are interesting in learning more about the education opportunities in the city. There, you can find schedules, registration details and curricula for each school.