Find Your Next House for Rent in Boulder City, NV
Boulder City is in Clark County, Nevada. It's located about 20 miles from Las Vegas, near Henderson. The city is known as a "clean, green oasis in the desert." It's also the home of Hoover Dam. Homes for rent in Boulder City give renters access to a peaceful yet exciting atmosphere that's perfect for settling down and raising a family.
How Boulder City Began
- The Boulder Canyon Project Act, which authorized the building of Hoover Dam and the creation of Boulder City, was signed by President Calvin Coolidge in 1928.
- Boulder City was specifically built to house the workers who came to the area to work on the dam. It was the first fully developed experiment in new town planning in the 20th century.
- The dam was finished in 1936, 22 months ahead of schedule.
- Boulder City was incorporated in January 1960.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Boulder City's website is a useful source of information that new renters need to get settled in the community. It has online services, department contact information, city council details, event calendars and maps to help new residents get acquainted with the city.
- The Visit Boulder City site is chock-full of fun activities and local attractions that new renters will be glad to explore. It offers all kinds of suggestions for ways to spend a day with a significant other, your family or just by yourself checking out the sights.
- The Boulder City/Hoover Dam Museum's website is worth checking out if you're interested in learning more about the dam that sits in the community. There, you can read up on the history, see what kinds of exhibits are being offered and find fun museum-sponsored events.