Discover Your Next House for Rent in Carson City, NV
Carson City is the capital of Nevada, located on Lake Tahoe near Reno. The city is right next to the Sierra Nevada Mountains, meaning that many homes for rent afford great views of the range. Every modern amenity a renter could ask for is located in the city, making it a great place to settle down and raise a family.
Historical Facts About Carson City
- Carson City was founded in 1858.
- Carson City was named after the famous frontiersman Christopher "Kit" Carson. John C. Fremont named Carson City's nearby river for Kit Carson, who was his scout, in 1844.
- Abraham Curry arrived in Eagle Valley in 1858. He surveyed and plotted a town site, putting aside 10 acres specifically for the purpose of building a capitol. Carson City was soon designated as the territorial capital and county seat of Ormsby County. When Nevada achieved statehood in 1864, Carson City was selected as the state capital.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Carson City's comprehensive website has everything a new renter needs to get situated in the community. News and updates, meetings and events, facts about the city, community services and department contact information are just some of the links you can find on the site.
- The Visit Carson City website is a great source of information for those who are looking for things to do in the city. Local attractions, upcoming events, awesome restaurants and more can help renters and their families find new favorite spots in town.
- Nevada's Division of Museums and History's Web page about the Nevada State Museum in Carson City offers historical information, upcoming events and details about the museum that renters may find interesting.
- The Nevada Appeal is a local news source that can keep residents up to date about what's going on locally, nationally and around the world.