Explore Exquisite Houses for Rent in Gardnerville, NV
Gardnerville is a town in Douglas County, Nevada. It's situated right near Minden, the county seat. The town is dedicated to developing a unique identity and preserving the historic nature of the community. Homes for rent in Gardnerville offer renters access to wonderful schools, modern amenities, exciting recreation opportunities and more.
Interesting Historical Facts About Gardnerville
- In 1879, Lawrence Gilman bought the Kent House, which was said to be haunted by a stagecoach-robbing ghost. He then bought a 7-acre tract of land from homesteader John M. Gardner. Gilman moved the house to the new site, which then became the Gardnerville Hotel. The town sprung up soon afterward, and was named after Gardner.
- Gardnerville became a feed stop for the 24-horse freight teams that traveled between Carson City, the Esmeralda Mining District and Bodie. A major gold strike in 1878 was the start of a mining boom in the area.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Gardnerville's official website is a great place for new residents to begin their research about the community. There, you'll find news and upcoming events, government details, a list of town-provided services, department contact information, photo galleries and maps that will clue you in to what's going on in town.
- The Record-Courier is the local news source that covers Gardnerville, Minden and Carson Valley. It has all kinds of stories that are relevant to residents in the area.
- The Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce is helpful if you're looking for details about the businesses located in Carson Valley. It also outlines upcoming events and programs that residents may be interested in.
- Check out Minden's site for more insight into the local community and to find fun things to do near your home for rent.