Find Your Next House for Rent in Laughlin, NV
Laughlin is an unincorporated town and census-designated place in Clark County, Nevada. It's located right along the Colorado River, 90 miles south of Las Vegas. With 11 resort casinos, numerous riverside recreation opportunities and near-perfect weather, Laughlin is a great place to find homes for rent that put you right in the action.
Historical Facts About Laughlin
- Laughlin's current location was established in the 1940s because of its nearness to the southern tip of Nevada. The early settlement featured a motel and bar that was frequented by gold and silver miners and construction workers who built the Davis Dam. When the dam was finished, the motel stopped operating.
- In 1964, Don Laughlin, the owner of Las Vegas' 101 Club, offered to buy the property that the motel was on. He renamed it the Riverside Resort, and offered a buffet, 12 slot machines and two live gaming tables. He rented out four of the motel's eight rooms and kept the other four to his family.
- South Pointe was renamed Laughlin when the U.S. Postal Service told Don Laughlin name the town so he could get mail. Laughlin wanted the name to be Riverside or Casino, but the postal inspector used Laughlin instead.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- The Laughlin Chamber of Commerce is a wonderful source of information about local businesses and upcoming events. It also offers attractive deals and even job opportunities to residents in the community.
- The Visit Laughlin website outlines everything there is to do in the community, whether you're looking for family-friendly attractions, restaurant options, casino gambling, hot nightlife spots or a relaxing riverside retreat.
- The Laughlin Nevada Times, run by Mohave Daily News, is a local news source that covers stories that are relevant to residents of Laughlin.