Find Houses for Rent in Concord, NH
Concord is the capital city of New Hampshire and is 27 minutes from Manchester. Homes for rent in this city give people to enjoy an exciting destination spot that is close to both the coast and the mountains. If you love art, check out the Capitol Center for the Arts. Love government and history? Visit the New Hampshire State House, which lets you go on self-guided tours. In the fall take a trip to Carter Hill Orchard, which has miles of apple trees.
Facts for Renters
- Concord was first established by a tribe of Native Americans who named the area Pennacook. They primarily used the local Merrimack River to hunt and fish, and they traveled on it using their birch bark canoes. The river made the surrounding land very fertile, so the Native Americans used it to cultivate a variety of crops.
- Later on, the Province of Massachusetts Bay decided to take the territory over and was settled and governed by a citizen from Haverhill, Massachusetts.
- Concord was initially named Rumford. However, a local town was upset by the name and began a quarrel with citizens. Locals renamed the area Concord to indicate the peace between the two communities.
- Concord became the capital city because it's geographically in the center of the state. Some of the initial architecture built still exists on the main streets of the city.
Resources for Renters
- Learn more about Concord by checking out the city website.
- If you want to find out what you should be doing this weekend, pick up a copy of the Concord Monitor.
- Figure out what you can expect from schools in this area by visiting the Concord Public Schools website.