Find Your Next House for Rent in Belleville, NJ
Hailed as the Cherry Blossom Capital of America, Belleville, N.J., is a charming town with a memorable landscape. Homes for rent are surrounded by the beautiful buds, fueling the suburban atmosphere, but when you're looking for some urban excitement, New York City is just 12 miles away. Belleville residents come from all backgrounds, allowing the town to have a diverse cultural landscape that helps kids grow up to be very well-rounded.
4 Quick Facts About Belleville
- Belleville separated from Bloomfield Township to become an independent municipality in April 1839.
- The Passaic River runs along the eastern border of Belleville.
- Belleville's neighbors include Bloomfield, Lyndhurst and East Orange.
- Belleville's crime rate is significantly lower than the U.S. average and has been for longer than a decade.
4 Resources for Belleville Renters
- NJ.com maintains a Twitter feed on news and community happenings in Belleville, which you can check out here.
- The Belleville Town Directory contains a helpful list of town officials and departments and their contact information.
- The Belleville Public Schools website is a rich resource for keeping up on your child's education.
- Belleville is accessible via New Jersey Transit. Check out the routes and schedules on the NJ Transit website.
What's Going On in Belleville?
If you're a history buff, a visit to the Dutch Reformed Church and Cemetery may be in order, as it's one of Belleville's best-known Revolutionary War sites. For those looking for a good scare, State Scare Maim Street is the place to go. This haunted attraction will provide a memorable experience for the whole family as you wander through a special effects-laden street and encounter gruesome, haunted actors.