Search for Houses for Rent in Bloomfield, NJ
Situated just 17 miles outside of New York City, the township of Bloomfield, N.J., is an excellent option for families that wish to be close to the bright lights of the Big Apple. Homes for rent in Bloomfield offer a unique pace of living, mainly due to the community's status as a high-density suburb. While the township only encompasses 5.3 square miles, it's home to more than 46,000 residents - and this density can be a huge bonus for families looking for a walkable and high-energy suburban alternative.
Convenient Bloomfield Amenities for Renters
- Renters living in Bloomfield houses for rent don't need to leave the community to make a grocery run: There are more than 20 grocery stores within 1 mile of the township.
- Looking to check every item off your to-do list in one trip? Head to Broad Street, where a plethora of restaurants, stores, coffee shops, gyms and banks are located.
- The town's Twitter page is an easy and convenient feature that allows residents and visitors to stay up-to-date on local events.
3 Transportation Options for Bloomfield Residents
- Walk Score rated Bloomfield as "somewhat walkable," which means that renters who wish to pursue a pedestrian-oriented lifestyle have plenty of options in this NYC suburb.
- Bloomfield's public transit options and high population density make getting around town super convenient. There is an NJ Transit stop located just a block south of Bloomfield Ave., and bus service is provided at numerous locations throughout the town.
- Taking a road trip? Bloomfield is located just off the Garden State Parkway, making hopping on the tollway a breeze.
Family-Friendly Recreation Opportunities in Bloomfield
- Bloomfield's Parks and Recreation Department offers a number of activities for local families. From senior citizen clubs to youth sports, programs are available for every member of your brood.
- Two beautiful and accessible parks - Foley Field and The Green - offer two different takes on community space. At Foley Field, the kids can get their (soccer) game on while parents and grandparents cheer from the sidelines. At The Green, Bloomfield residents from all walks of life can relax and enjoy the downtown area's many amenities.