Discover Houses for Rent in Bloomingdale, NJ
Located in the beautiful New Jersey Highlands, the town of Bloomingdale, N.J., is the perfect place to search for homes for rent if you appreciate the many charms of small-town living. Renters in Bloomingdale enjoy the community's natural vistas, community-centric atmosphere and low crime rates - all the trademarks of a quintessential American small town. However, don't accuse Bloomindgale of living in the past - check out the town's Facebook page for a glimpse of what's important to locals.
Recreational activities in Bloomingdale
- Norvin Green State Forest, a 5,416-acre wilderness area located within Bloomingdale, offers plenty of recreation opportunities for renters. If you and the family are in the mood for a hike, try scaling Torne Mountain. Go canoeing on Lake Sonoma or try your hand at fishing in Burnt Meadow Brook.
For another option, head to High Mountain Park Preserve in nearby Wayne, just an 8-mile drive from Bloomingdale.
- Hike up High Mountain on a clear, cloudless day to witness stunning views of New York City.
- Wind your way through the preserve via the Red, Orange, Yellow and Dakota Trails.
Tips for Bloomingdale renters
- It's important to keep in mind that Bloomingdale is located within New Jersey's Highland region. As such, much of the area in and around Bloomingdale is protected from development by the Highlands Water Planning and Protection Act. This means that any new construction or development in the area will be limited and closely monitored.
- As you would in any town, you'll want to make sure to purchase adequate renters' insurance.
4 reasons to live in Bloomingdale
- Bloomingdale is an incredibly safe area. AreaVibes gave the town an A+ safety rating for its low crime rates.
- The bright lights of New York City are less than 35 miles from Bloomingdale.
- Nearly 70 percent of households in the town are comprised of families.
- Despite being part of the New York metro area, Bloomingdale boasts a low population density with plenty of wide-open spaces and gorgeous lots.