Discover Houses for Rent in Carteret, NJ
Families seeking homes for rent in an exciting community just outside of the Big Apple will want to consider Carteret, N.J. Positioned about 20 miles from Manhattan and just across the water from Staten Island, Carteret is ideal for commuters and renters seeking suburban living close to New York City. The borough's population has grown in recent decades in correspondence with numerous initiatives that have sought to redevelop previously unused parts of the community. Whether you're coming here for Carteret's great location or its many new businesses and economic areas, you're sure to have a great experience in this NYC suburb.
How Carteret Encourages Renters to get Involved
Thanks to its active municipal government and community-oriented spirit, Carteret puts a significant emphasis on offering great amenities to its renters and homeowners. Local officials put particular emphasis on recreational activities and local health initiatives, which include:
- Youth and adult sports teams
- Holiday festivals and other special events
- The RWJ Rahway Fitness and Health Center
- The opportunity to travel with community members on various recreational trips.
How Carteret is Going Green
- The borough has given out high-efficiency light bulbs to its residents.
- Carteret officials have distributed and encouraged the use of reusable grocery bags within the community.
- Numerous municipal buildings are partially powered by green technology.
- Residents can use local ferry and bus options to get around.
- Carteret is considered relatively walkable, meaning that residents living in and around the center of town may be able to run errands without using their cars.
Resources for Renters
- If you and your family are hoping to utilize the RWJ Rahway Fitness and Health Center, check out its website to get information on amenities and programs.
- Visit the borough's homepage to get up to speed on local initiatives and goings-on.
- Want the scoop? Get the latest Carteret news on the borough's NJ.com page.