Discover Houses for Rent in Elizabeth, NJ
Elizabeth, N.J., is located just 15 miles from New York City. This conveniently located city boasts a rich history and numerous amenities, all while enjoying its status as the fourth largest city in the Garden State. Initially settled by Europeans in 1664, Elizabeth dates back to the founding years of the country. The community was initially called Elizabethtown due to its location on the Elizabeth River, but as the small town transformed into a city, it became known as Elizabeth. Today, families seeking homes for rent in this well-known city will be able to enjoy its many amenities.
3 Reasons why Shopping Addicts will Love Elizabeth
- Elizabeth is home to Jersey Gardens Mall, the largest shopping center of its kind on the East Coast. More than 15 million people visit the mall annually.
- The top-performing IKEA in the nation is located in Elizabeth.
- Families moving to the area will be happy to discover that Elizabeth boasts the largest Toys "R" Us Kids World.
Popular Neighborhoods in Elizabeth
- Downtown - This bustling area is home to the Elizabeth marina and numerous rental properties, commercial buildings and stores.
- Midtown - Also referred to as Uptown, Midtown Elizabeth boasts numerous churches and a popular commercial district.
- North Elizabeth - This residential area is convenient for renters, as it boasts a NJ Transit station and easy access to the Big Apple.
- Peterstown - This diverse neighborhood is primarily residential, and is located in the southeastern corner of the city.
Resources for Renters
- If you're hoping to utilize NJ Transit, make sure to check out the organization's homepage.
- For more information on local laws and events, head to the city's homepage.
- For hyper-local news, get the scoop from NJ.com's Elizabeth page.