Discover Houses for Rent in Harrison, NJ
Located in Hudson County, the town of Harrison, N.J., is a conveniently located suburban community with many benefits for renters. Harrison is located just 2 miles from busy Newark and 10 miles from New York City. With its great location and many nearby employment opportunities, Harrison is an excellent choice for those seeking homes for rent in the New York metro area.
Fun Things to Do in Harrison
- Harrison is proud to have a bustling dining and nightlife scene. There are numerous family owned establishments located throughout town, but many of Harrison's eateries and pubs are centered on Harrison Street.
- The Henry Mutz Museum of Harrison is a fun local attraction that gives renters a glimpse into the town's past. The museum opened in 2002, and continues to educate and entertain locals today.
- The Harrison Recreation and Community Center offers numerous activities and events for residents. The center features weight and exercise amenities, a basketball court, a gymnasium, a variety of group fitness class offerings and a game room.
- Red Bull Arena, home to the New York Red Bulls Major League Soccer team, is also located in Harrison.
Transportation in and Around Harrison
- Amtrak's Northeast Corridor runs through Harrison.
- Renters can hop aboard PATH to get to Hoboken, New York City and Newark.
- NJ Transit runs numerous bus lines throughout the community.
- Renters can get around New Jersey via the Garden State Parkway and New Jersey Turnpike, both of which are easy to reach from Harrison.
Resources for Renters
- Check out Harrison's homepage for information on local laws, events and more.
- You can also get up-to-date news on NJ.com's local Harrison page.
- Hoping to utilize PATH? Make sure to check routes and schedules here before planning your trip.
- Before you head out, be sure to check the area's weather forecast.