Seek Out New Houses for Rent in Irvington, NJ
The township of Irvington, N.J., has all the things people looking to settle down in a new home for rent could possibly be looking for - an inviting community, a nearby metropolis, a place to relax and fun activities in which they can participate. Once renters see all the township has to offer, there's no way they could possibly enjoy another region more.
2 Fun Facts About Irvington
- Irvington was thought to have been founded in 1692, and since then has been an exciting and active place to live, though there aren't official records about the first settlers or specific dates.
- The township was named in 1852 by the wife of the local postmaster, Lydia Crawford, who changed the name from Camptown to Irvington.
3 Resources for Irvington Renters
- Individuals can find the latest books in circulation, as well as e-books, movies and other media at the Irvington Public Library.
- Parents in the township should contact the Irvington Public School System to enroll their kids in one of the fantastic academic institutions in the community.
- New residents looking for volunteer opportunities and trying to make lasting connections with their neighbors should speak to representatives at the Rotary Club of Irvington.
What Can You Do in Irvington?
People in Irvington have numerous opportunities for excitement in their wheelhouse. Those looking to take a day trip to a large city can make the 11-minute drive to Newark and explore all the city has to offer. That being said, there's plenty to do at home. For instance, the township puts on many holiday festivals and events throughout the year. Moreover, in the summer, the Rotary Club puts on the Irvington Township Unity Day, which allows residents to have fun together and make lasting connections.