Search for Houses for Rent in Jersey City, NJ
Located directly across the Hudson River from Lower Manhattan, Jersey City is the second most populated city in The Garden State. Popular with renters for its affordability when compared to Manhattan, Jersey City boasts plenty of options for those seeking homes for rent in the New York City area. Just a few minutes away lie thousands of entertainment, shopping, dining and employment opportunities, but there are also countless amenities within Jersey City itself.
4 Transportation Options in Jersey City
- If you're hoping to ditch the car, you're in luck! The city is very walkable, meaning renters should have no problem getting to and from work, home and local amenities on foot.
- The 2 and 5 subway trains both run through the area, connecting renters to the bright lights of Manhattan.
- Amtrak's Northeast Corridor train can take renters directly to Penn Station.
- If you're looking to go the bus route, the 32 will take you into the city.
Resources for Renters
- Utilize the Metro Transit Authority's transit maps to determine the best way to get in and around New York.
- Want to discover some great dining options without heading to New York? Jersey City's Yelp page has countless options for you to try.
- The city's homepage gives renters lots of insight into local laws, happenings and history.
Jersey City Schools and Jobs
- Schools: There are numerous institutes of higher learning located in Jersey City, including Saint Peter's University, Hudson County Community College, New Jersey City University and McNair High School, which has been named one of the top public high schools in the nation.
- Jobs: Jersey City is home to a wealth of employment opportunities. Some top employers include Goldman Sachs, Barclays Capital Services, the Jersey City Medical Center and BTM Information Services.