Search for Houses for Rent in Lumberton, NJ
Families seeking homes for rent in a community that boasts both a convenient location and a small-town vibe might find their perfect match in Lumberton, N.J. This charming community offers a taste of rural life within driving distance of two major cities: Philadelphia and New York. Philly is located just 20 miles west of the township, and NYC is about 80 miles north. Renters will appreciate Lumberton's close-knit vibe and many amenities.
Transportation Options in Lumberton
Living so close to Philadelphia, renters in Lumberton have access to a wealth of transportation options:
- Lumberton is just an 8-mile drive away from the New Jersey Turnpike.
- NJ Transit's River Line runs through the region, allowing many Lumberton renters to commute to Philadelphia.
5 Parks in and Around Lumberton
As it occupies the land between the Delaware River and the Atlantic Ocean, Burlington County is home to many waterside parks and attractions. Some popular destinations include:
- Amico Island Park
- Boundary Creek Natural Resource Area
- Willingboro Lakes Park
- Rancocas State Park
- Crystal Lake Park.
Top 3 Cultural Attractions in Burlington County
- The Underground Railroad Museum of Burlington County is located just 6 miles from Lumberton in the town of Easthampton. For many years, the museum sat directly behind a former Underground Railroad system, but today, its artifacts and information are held at historic Smithville Park.
- The Burlington County Prison Museum - a designated National Historic Landmark - is located in Mount Holly, which is less than 3 miles from Lumberton.
- Looking to get out into nature? The Rancocas Creek Canoe Trail is sure to provide gorgeous views and a great time. Nature lovers, rejoice: The creek is characteristic of a Pinelands stream, and is part of a diverse natural ecosystem that supports white-tailed deer, Canada geese, mallards and wood ducks.
To get the scoop on local news and upcoming attractions, follow the Burlington County Times' Twitter handle.