Seek Out Houses for Rent in Lyndhurst, NJ
Lyndhurst, N.J., is located just 12 miles from New York City - that's typically about a 45-minute drive during rush hour. This popular suburb is a great option for families seeking a small-town vibe combined with easy access to big-city amenities and job opportunities. The town has remained a top choice in recent years as its population has continued to grow, making it ideal for those seeking homes for rent in the New York metro area.
Tips for Commuters in Lyndhurst
- If you're looking to commute into New York or Newark for work, you're not alone: This is a population among renters living in Lyndhurst. The average travel time to work for residents is about 27 minutes.
- By contrast, many residents also work within Lyndhurst. In fact, about 17 percent of people living in the town also work there, and the community sees a population increase of almost 10 percent on workdays due to commuters.
Transportation Options in and Around Lyndhurst
- NJ Transit has two stations within the town's borders: the Lyndhurst Station and the Kingsland Station. Both trains will take you to Hoboken, where you can transfer toward Penn Station.
- There are also numerous bus lines running through town. The 191, 192, 193 and 195 routes are helpful for renters needing to get around the area.
- If you plan to drive to work, you have plenty of options. The New Jersey Turnpike lies just southeast of Lyndhurst, and routes 3, 17 and 507 all pass through its boundaries.
Resources for Renters
- Check out the town homepage for information on community events, laws and policies.
- Trying to figure out what this week's weather will look like? Check out the forecast.
- Get information on local crime rates, amenities, housing costs and employment rates here from AreaVibes.