Locate Your Next House for Rent in Montclair, NJ
One of New York City's suburban communities, Montclair, N.J., has long prided itself on its diversity. Homes for rent in Montclair might share a street corner with some of the locations used in the hit HBO show "The Sopranos," as Montclair served as the home of the fictional Soprano family. Even if they don't, Montclair is brimming with a thriving arts scene, a number of business districts and a lauded education system, making the town a great place in which to live.
3 Interesting Facts Montclair Renters Should Know
- Montclair's rich history stems from its beginnings as a "railroad suburb," first attracting New York City commuters in the 1850s. It continues to boast a great transportation system today, including the Montclair-Boonton Line in the New Jersey Transit System. It's less than 50 miles from the Newark Liberty International, LaGuardia and JFK airports.
- Education options in the area include schools in the Montclair Public School system as well as several private and parochial schools. Montclair State University, founded in 1908, also makes its home in the town.
- Montclair is part of the Sister Cities International program, and is "twins" with Barnet, London, U.K., Cherepovets, Russia, Graz, Austria, and Laguna de Perlas, Nicaragua.
3 Great Resources for Montclair Renters
- The user-friendly Montclair website offers up-to-date information about businesses, politics and events in the town.
- The Montclair Times shines a light on the social and cultural happenings around Montclair.
- The active Montclair Patch Twitter page features almost daily updates, sharing news, publicizing community events and posting some great pictures.
What to Do in Montclair
There are so many things to do in Montclair. Art and history lovers can head to the Montclair Art Museum or the Montclair Historical Society. Baseball fans can catch a game at Yogi Berra stadium, named for the Yankees great and Montclair native and home to independent baseball team the New Jersey Jackals. Shoppers and foodies can check out Upper Montclair, which offers a variety of eclectic shopping and dining options.