Find Houses for Rent in Trenton, NJ
The capital of New Jersey, Trenton is home to an array of diverse neighborhoods and things to do. People searching for homes for rent in Trenton will come to discover a city with a strong sense of historical and civic pride that make it stand out from other metropolitan locations in the New York/New Jersey area.
Interesting Things to Know for Trenton Renters
- Trenton became the state capital in 1790 and was inaugurated in 1792 following its critical role contributing to America's victory in the Revolutionary War. It's part of Mercer County.
- Parts of Trenton are designated Urban Enterprise Zones, which offer various economic benefits, including a reduced 3.5 percent sales tax, to stimulate small business growth and commercial development in the area.
- Trenton is home to several education institutions. The Trenton Public Schools system serves students in kindergarten through 12th grade, while several charter schools offer additional education options. Thomas Edison State College and Mercer County Community College are both located in Trenton.
- Public transit options include local service to Philadelphia and New York and regional service on Amtrak via the Trenton train station.
Top Resources for Renters in Trenton
- The city's website is a fantastic resource for residents, providing information about the local government, civic organizations and upcoming events.
- The online edition of the Times of Trenton covers the latest news in and around the city.
Things to Do in Trenton
Downtown Trenton boasts some superb dining and shopping options, while the city's rich history is evident through well-preserved historical sites such as the Trenton Battle Monument, the Old Barracks and the William Trent House. Cadwalader Park was designed by Frederick Law Olmstead, who also designed New York's Central Park, and offers almost 100 acres of beautiful scenic paths, a small lake and many rare varieties of trees. Sports fans can catch the minor league baseball team Trenton Thunder in action at Arm & Hammer Park.