Find Your Next House for Rent in West New York, NJ
A large, beautiful town right on the Hudson River, West New York, N.J., is a great place to raise a family. As you might guess, homes for rent in the town are very close to New York City - just a short trip through the Lincoln Tunnel - but it's just far enough away from the big city for people who enjoy the amenities of town life.
Key Facts West New York Renters Should Know
- West New York is in Hudson County, the smallest county in New Jersey. It was incorporated in 1898.
- There's an array of public transportation options in West New York. Several New Jersey Transit bus lines offer service to Manhattan's Port Authority Bus Terminal and George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal, as well as Jersey City. The nearby Weehawken Port Imperial provides daily ferry service across the Hudson. Newark Liberty International Airport and LaGuardia Airport are each about 13 miles away. No matter where you need to go, you'll be able to get there.
- Students in pre-kindergarten through grade 12 are served by the West New York School District.
- Portions of West New York are designated Urban Enterprise Zones, where a reduced 3.5 percent sales tax helps stimulate local business.
Top Resources for West New York Renters
- The official website of West New York is the first digital destination for information about town life and public information. Make sure to check out its photo gallery.
- The West New York section of NJ.com is a great place to find the latest news coverage and community decisions.
Things to Do in and Around West New York
The main shopping district, Bergenline Avenue, boasts an impressive variety of eclectic shops and small businesses. The Hudson River is a beautiful place for a refreshing walk, and the world-famous sights, sounds and scenery of New York City are located just a couple of miles away.