Find Your Next House for Rent in West Orange, NJ
An eclectic large town in a beautiful area, West Orange, N.J., is a great place for families to put down roots. Those looking for homes for rent in West Orange should take note of the town's dynamic family-friendly attractions, more than 200 restaurants and 15-minute commute to Newark, all characteristics of a superb place to make your own.
Interesting Things West Orange Renters Should Know
- West Orange is sandwiched by two huge parks - the 408-acre Eagle Rock Reservation accounts for much of the town's northeastern border, while the 2,047-acre South Mountain Reservation, a nature reserve, lies to the southwest.
- The town is just 5 miles west of Newark and 13 miles west of New York City.
- The New Jersey Transit system provides bus and train service to local towns and cities.
- Students in kindergarten through grade 12 are served by the West Orange Public Schools district.
- America's first ever film studio, Thomas Edison's Black Maria, was located in West Orange.
Great Resources for West Orange Renters
- West Orange's user-friendly, interactive town website is a great place to access town services, find out about community events and learn about this close-knit town.
- The West Orange Patch is a good place to find discussion boards, opinion pieces and town clubs to help new residents engage with more entrenched ones.
Things to Do in West Orange
Those who love the outdoors will find many places to explore in West Orange. Besides the two massive nature areas on the town's borders, there are 12 town parks that offer a variety of walking and biking trails, playgrounds and playing fields. The Thomas Edison National Historic Park and Museum is a cool place to explore the life and inventions of one of America's towering figures. Music lovers can take in a concert at the OSPAC Outdoor Amphitheater, while golfers have five courses to choose from.