Discover Houses for Rent in Wood-Ridge, NJ
A tiny borough in New Jersey's northeastern corner exuding idyllic charm, Wood-Ridge is a great place for professionals with young families. Just about 12 miles away from Newark and New York City, homes for rent in Wood-Ridge blend a superb work-life balance with many fantastic local attractions.
Fast Facts for Wood-Ridge Renters
- Wood-Ridge is in Bergen County, and was incorporated in 1894.
- The borough was once named one of the best places to live in the state by New Jersey Monthly.
- There are a few public transportation options in Wood-Ridge. The New Jersey Transit system provides daily rail service to Hoboken and the Secaucus Junction terminal, where transfers can be made to New York's Penn Station. It also offers bus service to Manhattan's Port Authority Bus Terminal, as well as many other nearby towns and boroughs.
- The Wood-Ridge School District serves children from pre-kindergarten through grade 12. Wood-Ridge High School also welcomes students from neighboring borough Moonachie.
Top Resources for Renters in Wood-Ridge
- Wood-Ridge's official website is the first stop for new renters, who can find important information about the borough and its history.
- The Wood-Ridge section of NJ.com keeps residents up to date on the latest local news and community events.
Things to Do in and Around Wood-Ridge
Located just outside of Wood-Ridge, Woodland Park has a playground, ball field and a picnic area for families that want to spend the day outside. Nearby Passaic, N.J., is a good place to buy some local goods, as part of the city is an Urban Enterprise Zone, which means the sales tax is only 3.5 percent. Newark is a fantastic place for a day trip or a night out - art lovers can check out the American and Tibetan works at the Newark Museum, sports buffs can catch a New Jersey Devils hockey game and foodies can get a table at one of the top restaurants that line Ferry St.