Find Your Next House for Rent in Woodbridge, NJ
The oldest town in New Jersey still existing today, Woodbridge has a deep sense of its long and colorful history. Homes for rent in Woodbridge boast proximity to a great mix of community activities, things to do and a short commute to Newark, Jersey City, Staten Island and New York City.
Interesting Things Woodbridge Renters Should Know
- One of the most populated townships in New Jersey, Woodbridge was originally granted a royal charter way back in 1669, and was incorporated in 1789. Its industry beginnings included the state's first gristmill.
- There are several public transit options in Woodbridge - the New Jersey Transit, North Jersey Coast Line and Amtrak provide service to Newark, New York Penn Station, Washington, D.C. and Philadelphia. Daily bus service offers access to many local surrounding communities, and Newark Liberty International Airport is only about 13 miles away.
- The Woodbridge Township School District serves students in kindergarten through 12th grade. It has three high schools - Colonia High School, John F. Kennedy Memorial High School and Woodbridge High School.
Great Resources for Renters in Woodbridge
- The Woodbridge section of NJ.com is a good place to find coverage on local news and events.
- Woodbridge's town website offers important information about public services and local activities.
- The Woodbridge Patch allows residents to engage with one another on discussion boards, share opinions and blog about important town matters. Social media gurus can also check out its regularly updated Facebook page.
Things to Do in and Around Woodbridge
There's a bunch of great local restaurant options lining Main St., while shop-til-you-droppers can head to Woodbridge Center, the third-largest mall in New Jersey. Area parks include the 126-acre William Warren Park, which has several walking areas, picnic spots and playing fields. Plus, Woodbridge is located near several major metropolitan areas, so their sights, sounds, shopping and cuisine are just a short trip away.