Find Houses for Rent in Edgewood, NM
Edgewood is a town in Santa Fe is 30 minutes from Albuquerque, a major city in New Mexico. Homes for rent in the region give people a chance to explore this Spanish-influenced area while enjoying a fast-paced atmosphere. Take the kids to check out the Wildlife West Nature Park, which has lots of different species to learn about. If you're looking for a sweet treat, visit Dough Rae Mi Bake Shop, which also does catering. If you're interested in cuisine from other cultures, visit Katrinah's East Mountain Grill, or cool off with a scoop or two from Dairy Queen.
Facts for Renters
- Edgewood was founded in the 1930s, and was a homestead for many pioneer families. Initially the area was a place to farm and ranch.
- Edgewood is currently the fastest growing city in New Mexico, making it an exciting place to check out!
- Even though this city was settled early, it wasn't incorporated until 1999 by Santa Fe County residents. After the incorporation, many parts of town were annexed. These annexations caused a series of incorporated and unincorporated communities that ended up forming a checkerboard pattern. This was one of the largest debates in town for a long period of time.
- Edgewood is located in Estancia Valley, which is east of the Sandia Mountains and Manzano Mountains that make up central New Mexico.
- Many of the businesses in town aren't far from Route 66, making it easy for visitors to access.
Resources for Renters
- Get to know this area better by visiting the Edgewood city website.
- Learn more about current events by picking up a copy of The Independent.
- Figure out whether you want to enroll your children in the local schools by checking out the Moriarty-Edgewood Schools website.