Discover Houses for Rent in Arverne, NY
Located on the Rockaway Peninsula in New York City's Queens borough, Arverne has a diverse history and has recently benefited from the city's beachfront revitalization projects. Homes for rent in Arverne are conveniently located near public transit, have access to the waterfront and are playing an important role in creative urban development projects.
Interesting Things Arverne Renters Should Know
- Arverne was originally developed as a waterfront neighborhood called Arverne-By-The-Sea by real estate developer Remington Vernam. After several decades with a combination of year-round residents and beach vacationers, Arverne has seen increased attention and funding from the city in the form of redevelopment projects.
- Public schools are operated by the New York City Department of Education, and include P.S. Middle School 42 R Vernam and Goldie Maple Academy.
- The Metropolitan Transportation Authority's A train has a stop in Arverne, so it's easy for residents to get to other parts of the city. The JFK International Airport is just a 20-minute drive or short train trip away.
Great Resources for Renters in Arverne
- Arverne residents can find local news, events and information in some of the city's papers, including the Queens section of the New York Daily News and the Queens Courier.
- Other New York papers include The New York Times, the New York Post and Newsday, all of which offer local coverage of important stories in and around America's largest city.
Things to Do in and Around Arverne
Those who like living on the water will find a lot to love about Arverne - the Beach 59th Street Playground, Rockaway Community Park and Silver Point County Park provide opportunities to relax, picnic and birdwatch in a little enclave that lets you leave the city behind. There are tons of top attractions in Queens, including the Queens Museum of Art, Queens Zoo, Flushing Meadows Park and Citi Field, home of the New York Mets.