Discover Your Next House for Rent in Ballston Spa, NY
It may seem like charming small communities are getting harder to find these days, but Ballston Spa, a village in New York, certainly fits the bill. A thriving community and a litany of fun and family-friendly activities make Ballston Spa a fantastic place to find a home for rent for your family.
Key Facts to Know for Renters in Ballston Spa
- Ballston Spa is the county seat of Saratoga County, and lies partially in two towns: Ballston and Milton.
- At one point, Ballston Spa was the 11th most populated region in what would become the United States. Early settlers flocked there for the village's famous mineral water, which was used as a restorative.
- One of Ballston Spa's most notable natives is Abner Doubleday, who was a decorated Union general in the Civil War but is probably more famous as the inventor of baseball.
- Students in kindergarten through 12th grade are served by the Ballston Spa School District. Nearby institutions of higher learning include Union College in Schenectady, as well as Skidmore College and Empire State College, both located in Saratoga Springs.
Great Resources for Ballston Spa Renters
- The Saratogian is a good source of local news and events coverage.
- Ballston Spa's official website offers a ton of great information about community organizations and activities in the village.
Things to Do in and Around Ballston Spa
One of Ballston Spa's top attractions is definitely the National Bottle Museum, which houses more than 2,000 antique bottles in its collection. Community events include a farmer's market and free concerts in the park, while eclectic shops and creative dining options highlight the town's commitment to shopping local and supporting small businesses. For the outdoorsy types, the nearby Saratoga Lake and the Saratoga National Historical Park provide families with the chance to explore nature in their own backyard.