Find Houses for Rent in Bayport, NY
Bayport is a hamlet in the town of Islip on the south coast of New York's famed Long Island. Bordered by West Sayville and East Patchogue, Bayport sits on the coast in Great South Bay across from Fire Island. With the nearby Sayville train station, the Sunrise Highway and the Edwards Airport, there are plenty of ways to get to and from homes for rent in Bayport. Although many people visit this scenic seaside hamlet as a vacation destination, many families call it home too. With parks like San Souci County Park and Bayport Commons Park, as well as local businesses and a great beach, families will enjoy living in Bayport all year long.
Important Information for Future Renters
- As a hamlet of Islip, Bayport is part of a very large community. The town features 58 elementary schools, 10 libraries, four movie theaters, 86 playgrounds, two hospitals, several shopping centers and dozens of successful industries.
- Formed in 1972, the Bayport Aerodrome Society is located at Edwards Airport. The nonprofit organization is composed of aviation enthusiasts who want to celebrate and commemorate aviation history.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Bayport residents will want to bookmark the Islip website. The Web page has tons of links and resources for families. Everything from contact information and meeting notes to e-services like iTV is on the website.
- The hamlet's historic volunteer firefighters from the Bayport Fire Department still put out fires, as well as keep history alive. They're the only firefighters in the U.S. who still wear original-style uniforms.
- Bayport children are part of the Bayport-Blue Point School District. This allows children to get a good education nearby their homes while socializing with kids from another community.
Live in Bayport
Bayport is the perfect coastal small town for families looking to live near the beach as part of a larger town.