Find Houses for Rent in Carle Place, NY
Carle Place is a hamlet in the town of North Hempstead on Long Island, near Queens. Bordered by Westbury and Garden City, Carle Place is a small residential community near the Northern State Parkway. In addition to the residential neighborhoods in Carle Place, there's a compact business district for convenient shopping, a large high school with a variety of athletic fields and Wilson Park in the west. Homes for rent in Carle Place are about 20 minutes from the coast in the north and Hempstead Harbor as well as 40 minutes away from the city by car.
Important Information for Future Renters
- Carle Place, as part of North Hempstead, begins its history with the creation of Long Island 40,000 years ago when glaciers changed the landscape of North America. More recently, however, the area was settled by Dutch and English colonists in the mid-1600s. After the British took control from the Dutch, Long Island quickly became a popular location to live near Manhattan and Connecticut.
- Carle Place was a part of the original settlement that Capt. Thomas Carle took over in 1656 as a place to graze his livestock. Later, his relative, Silas Carle, built a large home in the area, which is well-known.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Children living in Carle Place are part of the Carle Place School District, which has three schools in the hamlet.
- As part of the town, people renting in Carle Place will want to bookmark the North Hempstead town website for links to useful departments, services and events offered through the town.
- Families will love having so many libraries nearby in the communities that make up North Hempstead. Not only are they places that house books, but they have community events as well.
Live in Carle Place
Carle Place is a great small community that lets families live near Brooklyn and Queens with less congestion and a shorter ride to the ocean.