Locate Your Next House for Rent in Cheektowaga, NY
One of the largest suburbs of Buffalo, Cheektowaga, N.Y., has an impressive array of close-knit residential communities, business activity and proximity to diverse attractions. Those looking for homes for rent in the area will find a lot to like about Cheektowaga, one of the best places for workers in Buffalo who want to live and raise their families outside of the city.
Interesting Things Cheektowaga Renters Should Know
- The town's name comes from an Iroquoian word that means "the place of the crab apple tree." The once-rural town was increasingly populated in the years after World War II. It's located in Erie County.
- Cheektowaga encompasses several villages, including all of Sloan and parts of Depew and Williamsville.
- Students in kindergarten through grade 12 are served by the Cheektowaga Central School District. Institutions of higher learning in Cheektowaga include Empire State College and Villa Maria College, with many other schools located in the surrounding area.
- Public transportation isn't hard to access. Just 10 miles away, Buffalo offers regional train service through Amtrak and bus service via the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority. Plus, Buffalo Niagara International Airport, the region's main air transit hub, is located right in Cheektowaga.
Top Resources for Renters in Cheektowaga
- Cheektowaga's town website offers tons of information about public services, civic programs and community organizations. It even has a video guide to Cheektowaga.
- Local news coverage is readily available via the Buffalo News, and arts, events and cultural information is provided by Buffalo Rising.
Things to Do in and Around Cheektowaga
Local attractions include the Walden Galleria, which, at 1.6 million square feet, is the largest shopping mall in the Buffalo region. Nearby recreation areas like the Stigelmeier Park and Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve offer outdoorsy residents a chance to interact with the natural world. Buffalo is also well known for its fantastic architecture, array of dining options and sites such as the Buffalo Zoo, the Buffalo Museum of Science and Ralph Wilson Stadium, home of the NFL's Buffalo Bills.