Locate Houses for Rent in East Aurora, NY
East Aurora is a tiny village in western New York that's proud of its effort to remain a supportive, locally conscious area in an era of big box stores and not having to meet your neighbors. Homes for rent in East Aurora offer residents a great location just a half-hour's commute from Buffalo and access to a multitude of amazing things to do.
Fast Facts East Aurora Renters Should Know
- East Aurora is in the eastern half of Aurora, which is in Erie County. It was incorporated in 1874.
- East Aurora boasts an excellent school system, the East Aurora Union Free School District. It has an elementary school, middle school and the East Aurora High School, known for its high-level academics and its winning cross-country and soccer teams.
- Public transit options aren't far from Aurora. In nearby Buffalo, residents have access to train service via the Buffalo Metro Rail and Amtrak and bus service through the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority. The Buffalo Niagara International Airport offers air transportation.
Excellent Resources for Renters in East Aurora
- No matter how you prefer to find your information, East Aurora's got you covered. It has a great website with comprehensive sections about businesses, community organizations and events in the town. Social media-savvy residents should be sure to check out its Twitter or Facebook pages.
- The village's official website is a good place to find information about the village government, local commerce and civic organizations.
Things to Do in and Around East Aurora
In the fashion of a classic small community, East Aurora's Main Street is lined with local shops and dining options, as well as a movie theater with an old-timey neon marquee. Local recreation areas include the Hunters Creek County, Majors Park and Emery Park. Plus, nearby Buffalo has some of the coolest architecture, most beautiful scenery and tastiest cuisine in the Northeast.