1,733 Houses For Rent in East Elmhurst, NY
Number of Bedrooms
East Elmhurst House Options
Looking for more?
Discover Your Next House for Rent in East Elmhurst, NY
A diverse and historically significant place, East Elmhurst, N.Y., is in the northwest section of New York City's Queens borough. East Elmhurst is the site of LaGuardia Airport, so it's conveniently located, and homes for rent along the picturesque Flushing and Bowery bays offer a lot of great residential options.
Fast Facts East Elmhurst Renters Should Know
- East Elmhurst is a historically significant place. During the 1950s and '60s, it was a hub of civil rights leadership and African-American culture, with such important figures as Malcolm X, Louis Armstrong, Jackie Robinson, Willy Mays and Ella Fitzgerald making their homes in the neighborhood.
- Besides LaGuardia Airport, there are several public transit options that help East Elmhurst residents get around New York. The Metropolitan Transportation Authority operates several bus lines that provide service throughout the community.
- Public school students are served by the New York City Department of Education, and include P.S. 127 Aerospace Science Magnet School for pre-kindergarten through grade 8 and I.S. 227 Louis Armstrong Middle School for fifth through eighth grades.
- There are more than 100 institutions of higher learning across New York City's five boroughs. Colleges in Queens include St. John's College, as well as several campuses of the City University of New York.
Key Resources for Renters in East Elmhurst
- There are several news outlets for Queens residents to find coverage about happenings in the borough, including the Queens section of the New York Daily News and the Queens Tribune.
- Other major news and events coverage for New York City can be found in Newsday and the Village Voice.
Things to Do in and Around East Elmhurst
Queens boasts some great attractions, including the Queens Museum of Art, the Queens Zoo, the Museum of the Moving Image and Citi Field, home of baseball's the New York Mets.