171 Houses for Rent in Fishkill, New York
Number of Bedrooms
Fishkill House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Discover Houses for Rent in Fishkill, NY
Fishkill, N.Y., is located in the center of the Hudson Valley, a great area for outdoorsy people searching for houses for rent. For renters who enjoy the cool mountain air, Fishkill is a great town to settle down in. Fishkill is close to Poughkeepsie, which is full of farms and historical significance, and is also close to Brinckerhoff, a quaint, bucolic hamlet that may be appealing to house renters seeking a low-key and quiet residential situation. Fishkill has many recreation centers, all focusing on various demographics. The town's homes for rent are a viable option for house-hunters, offering an excellent environment to raise a family.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Fishkill's name comes from a mix of two Dutch words, "kill" (stream) and "vis" (fish).
- The town played a principal role in the American Revolution, serving as a communication and supply node for the Continental Army.
- Mills and factories have figured heavily in the economic development of Fishkill.
- The town was established in 1788, soon after the American Revolution, and is home to countless parks and river and mountain paths for hiking.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- For parents interested in their children's schooling, Fishkill has many public schools and one private school, St. Mary Mother of the Church School.
- Many volunteer and community institutions may be joined in Fishkill, such as Capuchin Youth & Family Ministries, Hands On! The Hudson Valley and Guiding Eyes for the Blind.
- Fishkill's Main Street is lined with restaurants, which are appealing to eaters of all types.
- New York City is a quick train ride away from Fishkill, which is excellent for renters, tourists and workers.
- The town has a useful website providing information for potential renters.
Consider Living in Fishkill
As a vibrant town, Fishkill has all the old charm of New York's natural beauty. Fishkill offers an enjoyable residential center full of suburban amenities.