Discover Houses for Rent in Forest Hills, NY
As an illustrious and dynamic neighborhood in the Queens borough of New York City, Forest Hills has long been a favorite locale of urban professionals and city dwellers who favor historical continuity and a neighborhood feel over the Manhattan din. Homes for rent in Forest Hills offer access to shopping districts, good schools and some of the borough's largest green areas.
Quick Facts for Forest Hills Renters
- Forest Hills has three main areas - Forest Hills Gardens, constructed as a planned garden community during the dawn of the 20th century; the space north of Queens Boulevard, the site of more apartments, condos and co-ops; and Central Queens, which was mostly developed between 1920 and 1940 and contains more single- and multi-family homes.
- Forest Hills has great public transit options. The E, F, M and R trains of the New York City Subway system have stops in the neighborhood that take residents straight to Manhattan. Several buses and the Long Island Railroad also service residents.
- Public education is provided by the New York City Department of Education and includes several elementary and public schools. Many students in Forest Hills go on to study at the highly regarded Brooklyn Technical High School or Bronx High School of Science.
- Forest Hills has a strong connection with music. Folk legends Simon and Garfunkel and members of punk pioneers the Ramones have lived in the neighborhood.
Top Resources for Renters in Forest Hills
- To get the latest local news coverage, residents can check out the Forest Hills Times.
- New to the community? Engage with your new neighbors and check out social and cultural events via the Forest Hills Patch. If you're into social media, it has a Facebook page as well.
What to Do in Forest Hills
Fantastic local stores and eateries line Austin St., the central shopping district. Two of the biggest parks in Queens, the 1,255-acre Flushing Meadows-Corona Park and the 544-acre Forest Park, are partially in Forest Hills.