Locate Houses for Rent in Garden City, NY
Garden City is a small village in the town of Hempstead, located within Nassau County. Nassau County is on Long Island, close to South Oyster Bay and Great South Bay, containing many houses for rent. The close proximity to bodies of water may be appealing for boat enthusiasts and passionate swimmers. It's also a short ride from Garden City to John F. Kennedy International Airport. For international travelers and workers who have a job requiring extensive travel, the airport's nearness to Garden City will prove indispensable. Garden City is also close to Queens and Brooklyn, helpful information for job seekers. Both of these locations offer various job opportunities and are full of civic amenities. Homes for rent in Garden City offer a leafy suburban living situation, which is excellent for families.
Interesting Facts About Garden City
- Garden City was founded by Alexander Turney Stewart, a billionaire seeking to model a comfortable village in Nassau County.
- The village is home to Adelphi University, a premier liberal arts university. This is a great asset parents have in searching for the right college for their children.
- Home to various institutions, Garden City has a historical society dedicated to improving and cultivating an increased understanding of the village's history.
Recourses Available to Residents
- Garden City has a town website that's useful for residents looking for various forms of information. This includes searching for a senior center or discovering where to pay taxes.
- The Long Island Railroad is located in Hempstead, the broader town Garden City is a part of. Parents and commuters will enjoy an alternative to driving to work in the city every day, saving money in the process.
- Garden City contains 11 houses of worship. The religiously inclined have a range of choices in this regard, from a Jewish center to an Episcopal church.
Consider Living in Garden City
The village offers a small suburban setting that's excellent for renters looking to buy a home and raise a family.