Discover Houses for Rent in Glen Cove, NY
Glen Clove is a small city located in Nassau County, Long Island. It's situated close to Hempstead Harbor and Oyster Bay and is bordered by water on three sides. Therefore, the waterfront plays a large part in the city's civic and economic life. The waterfront area has attracted businesses associated with the sea, historically containing saw mills. Goshen has attracted shipbuilders and brought extensive steam boats moving from Glen Cove to New York City. The city also has numerous beaches, excellent for a family seeking to have a viable recreational area near their home. Homes for rent in Glen Cove ensure that a family will be in close proximity to various amenities as well, such as a public library.
Interesting Information About Glen Cove
- Glen Cove attracted prominent businessmen like Charles Pratt of Standard Oil, who built an estate in Glen Cove.
- The city was founded in 1668 by Joseph Carpenter of Rhode Island for the purposes of creating economic prosperity. This was done by constructing saw mills and capitalizing on Glen Cove's location.
- Glen Cove has a Waterfront Project that focuses on the city's fortuitous proximity to large bodies of water.
Helpful Resources for New Residents
- The city has an Industrial Development Agency dedicated to helping and improving the economic setting of Glen Cove.
- Glen Cove's website helps potential renters locate numerous pieces of information, from the city's codes to its Coast Guard Auxiliary Force. The latter displays the city's commitment to safety and security for its residents, perfect for families.
- The city has a festival titled Downtown Sounds Concert Series, hosting such acts as Mambo Loco and Antigone Rising. For families seeking to cultivate their children's tastes while exposing them to culture, this presents an excellent opportunity.