Find Perfect Houses for Rent in Hicksville, NY
Hicksville is located on Long Island, situated in Oyster Bay, embodying the quaint charm Long Island has come to be renowned for. Families searching for homes for rent in Hicksville will be attracted to the hamlet's shopping center, which contains an Ikea that will be ideal for young families seeking to furnish their new homes.
Unique Facts About Hicksville
- Veterans of World War II flocked heavily to Hicksville to settle and build a life. The newly mass-produced suburban homes on Hicksville facilitated this rapid settlement.
- The hamlet's name is derived from the Hicks family, who were early inhabitants of Long Island.
- Hicksville boasts an impressively heterogeneous population. Various immigrant groups have played a significant role in the hamlet's history.
Handy Resources for Renters
- Hicksville directly abuts the Long Island Expressway, a superb resource for commuters and travel enthusiasts. A quick jump on the expressway will soon deposit a traveler in any one of the five New York City boroughs.
- The hamlet has a train station that will be a boon for the commuter and potential renters looking to leave behind the car for a more economic means of transportation.
- Renters desiring another quick and easy means of travel should note the close proximity of Hicksville to the Northern State Parkway.
- The town exudes a family-friendly atmosphere, containing an elementary, middle and high school for parents wishing to see their children educated close to home.
- Renters searching for a vibrant cultural setting will be drawn to the Hicksville Gregory Museum. The museum has various exhibits displaying the town's commitment to presenting unique and educational material, from exhibits on butterflies to a collection chronicling the town's local history.
- Renters tired after a long day of work may not feel like cooking, which is a situation Hicksville quickly resolves. Restaurants at the town's Broadway Mall include a Panera Bread and a Chipotle Mexican Grill. This should appeal to families whose members have diverse palates.