Find Ideal Houses for Rent in Highland, NY
The bucolic hamlet of Highland is located in New York's Hudson Valley. Families looking for homes for rent in the valley should look to Highland to satisfy their wants and needs as renters. Highland is perfectly situated directly on the Hudson River, providing temperate climates in the summer. This knowledge should be perfect for residents desiring a break from the sweltering heat of the metropolitan area summer. Located directly across the Hudson is the city of Poughkeepsie, a vibrant place full of amenities and various establishments. Highland's close proximity to Poughkeepsie presents potential renters with a great place to pursue career opportunities.
Interesting Information About Highland
- The Lenni Lenape Native American tribe was among the first settlers of what is today called Highland. Those with an interest in the history of America prior to the founding of the republic should consider doing some investigative work into the interesting annals of Highland.
- The hamlet's close location to the Hudson River helped the economic quality of the town, leading to a large influx of vacation homes in Highland.
Useful Information for Potential Renters
- The Highland Fire District provides a great resource, helping keep citizens safe. It's comprised entirely of volunteers, demonstrating the community spirit that bonds residents of Highland together.
- Potential renters looking to experience the environment of the town will find a great source of inns and lodges to reside in, such as the Inn at Twaalfskill.
- The hamlet's ideal location allows for choice in sending children to school, capitalizing on parochial schools in nearby regions if the public school system proves unsuited to the needs of a child.
- In a similar spirit, the hamlet has a family dentists' office, a bed and breakfast and a parish church.