Find Houses for Rent in Larchmont, NY
Located a mere 21 miles from Midtown Manhattan, Larchmont gives renters the best of both worlds - peaceful suburbia and bustling city life. This tiny village has tree-lined streets and excellent schools, making it a popular place to find a home for rent.
Top 5 Things Larchmont Renters Should Know
- The Village of Larchmont is just 1 square mile.
- Larchmont is located within the Town of Mamaroneck.
- Boston Post Road splits Larchmont into two sections, the older of which is called Larchmont Manor and contains many stately Victorian and Colonial homes.
- Larchmont has had several celebrity residents over the years, including Academy Award-winning director Ang Lee.
- It was the campfires of the Algonquin tribe in what's now known as Larchmont Manor Park that contributed to the 1614 discovery of Long Island Sound by a Dutch sea captain.
Key Resources for Larchmont Renters
- For more information about Larchmont and to access community resources, visit the village's official website.
- Want to learn more about the history of Larchmont? Check out the Larchmont Historical Society.
- If you plan on using any of Larchmont's municipal parking lots, you'll need a permit. Apply for a parking permit at the Village Clerk's Office.
Things to Do in Larchmont
Because the Village of Larchmont is so close to Manhattan, there are a multitude of things for renters to do. Take a quick trip into the city to catch a Broadway show or explore one of the many museums. Or, if you prefer a more peaceful activity, you can stroll or jog through Larchmont Manor Park, which is filled with interesting rock formations. Spend an afternoon browsing through books at the Larchmont Public Library, or take your furry friend to play on the beaches of Long Island Sound.