Discover Houses for Rent in Mamaroneck, NY
People looking for homes for rent in Mamaroneck, N.Y., will find a peaceful town just 23 miles from the hustle and bustle of Midtown Manhattan. Located on Long Island Sound, Mamaroneck is known for its quality school system, beautiful landscape and friendly residents. As more people hear about the charming town of Mamaroneck, it continues to grow and thrive.
5 Intriguing Facts About Mamaroneck
- Founded in 1661, Mamaroneck was one of Westchester's first settlements.
- Mamaroneck only covers 3.2 square miles.
- Mamaroneck is a Native American word and translates to "the place where the sweet waters fall into the sea."
- Mamaroneck resident Fred Coots wrote the famous holiday song "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" in the mid-1930s. The song was first performed in a Murray Avenue School musical.
- Several celebrities have lived in Mamaroneck, including baseball player Lou Gehrig, artist Norman Rockwell and silent movie stars Lillian and Dorothy Gish.
Helpful Resources for Renters in Mamaroneck
- Whether you want to read about the most recent town board meeting, need to pay a parking ticket or hope to apply for local tax exemptions, the official website of the Town of Mamaroneck is an important resource.
- To learn more about things that are happening in Mamaroneck and the nearby Village of Larchmont, read the local newspaper.
- The Mamaroneck Historical Society has fascinating information about the town's history.
- Before taking a stroll around your new hometown, take a look at the weather.
Things to Do in and Around Mamaroneck
Renters who live in Mamaroneck enjoy a variety of activities, including skating at Hommocks Park Ice Rink in the winter and swimming in Hommocks Pool in the summer. Cozy up with a good book at the nearby Larchmont Public Library, then stroll through one of the many parks and conservation areas in the town - the Colonial Greenway offers 15 miles of gorgeous trails winding through forests and wetlands.