Discover Houses for Rent in Mechanicville, NY
Although Mechanicville is technically a city, it has the intimate feel of a village. People who find homes for rent in this lovely community will discover that Mechanicville is an important crossroads in Saratoga County. Its location on the Hudson River and abundance of parks and schools make Mechanicville an ideal place to settle down and raise a family.
5 Interesting Facts About Mechanicville
- Mechanicville is the smallest city in New York state - it only covers 0.8 square miles.
- During the Industrial Revolution, Mechanicville was a major transportation hub due to its ideal location on the Hudson River.
- There are nine colleges and universities within 30 minutes of Mechanicville.
- Route 4 slices directly through Mechanicville, making it possible to travel to the state capital of Albany in a mere 30 minutes.
- Mechanicville has its own city historian.
Helpful Resources for Mechanicville Renters
- Do you have kids or plan to have them in the future? You may want to check out the Mechanicville City School District.
- If you're going to spend an afternoon at Saratoga National Historical Park, be sure to take a look at the weather forecast first.
- Want to learn about the mayor of Mechanicville or read up on the agendas and notes from the most recent city council meeting? Head to the official website of the City of Mechanicville.
Things to Do in and Around Mechanicville
Renters in Mechanicville take part in a variety of activities. It's possible to take a short drive over to Saratoga Lake to spend a picturesque day fishing and sailing, or partake in indoor activities like strolling through the Saratoga County Historical Society Museum. Popular restaurants in Mechanicville include Faldoni's and The Ugly Rooster Cafe. Residents also enjoy shopping at various boutiques throughout the tiny city.