Find Houses for Rent in Nanuet, NY
Named one of the Top 100 Places to Live by Money magazine, Nanuet, N.Y., is an excellent place to find a home for rent. The tiny hamlet is located just a few minutes from the Hudson River, and is near enough to several highways that it's easy to get to the main metropolitan hubs throughout New York state. Whether you like outdoor activities or prefer to shop, Nanuet has something to offer you.
What Renters Should Know About Nanuet
- Houses in Nanuet tend to be less expensive than those located in neighboring towns.
- The Nanuet Union Free School District is highly regarded and well-respected.
- Nanuet is located in Rockland County.
- Many Nanuet residents commute to New York City for work - the commute is just over an hour by train.
- The hamlet was originally called Nannawitt's Meadow, then Clarkstown before being dubbed Nanuet in 1856.
Top Resources for Renters in Nanuet
- Do you plan on raising children in Nanuet? Be sure to explore the official website of the Nanuet Union Free School District.
- There are many parks located near Nanuet. Before setting out to spend a day picnicking or hiking, take a look at the weather.
- Need to commute to New York City from Nanuet? You'll want to take the Pascack Valley Line toward Hoboken.
Things to Do in and Around Nanuet
Because of Nanuet's convenient location, residents find plenty of things to do in and around the tiny hamlet. You can go on a shopping spree at The Shops of Nanuet or explore nearby green spaces like Germonds Park and Blauvelt State Park. Hit a few golf balls at Manhattan Woods Golf Club or go swimming in Lake Nanuet. Adventurers also enjoy visiting the Paleolithic ruins on the western side of the Hackensack River.