Discover Your Next House for Rent in New Paltz, NY
Found near Kingston, this town in Ulster County is one of New York's most majestic communities due to its scenic views of Paltz Point. Homes for rent in the area give renters access to numerous amenities, including the Wallkill River.
Fun Facts About New Paltz for Renters
- The town contains a village, also named New Paltz. It earned the title from the word "Palz," a German dialect name of the Rhenish Palatinate, which is now a region of Germany called "Pfalz."
- It was founded in 1678 by French Huguenots, who were members of the Protestant Reformed Church of France during the 16th and 17th centuries. They were refugees who had fled France to avoid religious persecution.
- When it was annexed from surrounding regions in 1775 and 1809, the size of New Paltz increased. In later years, different portions of the town were removed to form the communities of Rosendale and Gardiner.
Interesting Resources for New Paltz Residents
- The State University of New York at New Paltz offers students a wealth of educational opportunities to further their education and prepare for life after graduation. It has six academic schools, including business, performing arts and science and engineering.
- The Elting Memorial Library has a circulation of more than 95,000 informational and educational resources. It's a member of the Mid-Hudson Library System, granting it access to a system of holds and a vast array of research materials for school projects.
What to Do in New Paltz
Because of its prime location in Ulster County near multiple highways and train stations, families living in New Paltz can enjoy the various scenic locations in New York and relax in peaceful suburban neighborhoods.