Find Houses for Rent in North Tonawanda, NY
If you want to find a home for rent in a city that's a historic and cultural destination but isn't swarming with tourists, North Tonawanda, N.Y., may be for you. As part of the Buffalo-Niagara Falls metropolitan area, North Tonawanda provides its residents with easy access to one of the world's most breathtaking natural wonders.
What Renters Should Know About North Tonawanda
- North Tonawanda is also known as "The Lumber City," as its development was largely dependent on the lumber industry.
- North Tonawanda is part of Niagara County, and is located just 10 miles north of Buffalo.
- The city is named for Tonawanda Creek, which once flowed through the area.
- North Tonawanda's Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum pays homage to the Herschell-Spillman Company, which was founded in the city and is one of the top carousel manufacturers in the U.S.
Top Resources for North Tonawanda Renters
- Whether you need to access the city's calendar of events or want to find out more about the Common Council, North Tonawanda's official website is full of useful information.
- North Tonawanda residents often enjoy spending the day at Gratwick Waterfront Park and Fishermans Park along the shores of the Niagara River. Take a look at the weather forecast before embarking on your journey.
- Do you plan to raise children in North Tonawanda? Be sure to browse the public school system's website.
Things to Do in and Around North Tonawanda
Living along the Erie Canal just miles from Niagara Falls offers North Tonawanda residents plenty to do and see. Catch a show at the Historic Riviera Theatre and Performing Arts Center, curl up with a good book at the North Tonawanda Public Library or spend a day at the Buffalo Zoo.