6,461 Houses for Rent in Queens, New York
Number of Bedrooms
Queens House Options
Discover Your Next House for Rent in Queens, NY
Queens is the easternmost borough in New York City. It's the largest of the five boroughs in area and has the second-largest population behind Brooklyn. It's one of the most diverse urban areas in the country, with an eclectic population that comes together to form a thriving community full of excitement and activity. Homes for rent in Queens put families near plenty of fun attractions and useful amenities that will make for a unique living experience in New York.
Historical Facts About Queens
- Dutch authorities started awarding grants of land in Queens in 1636. The first settlers lived in the Dutch Kills area of Long Island City.
- In 1664, the Dutch surrendered New Netherland to the English. Later, in 1683, the British colony of New York was divided into 10 counties, one of which was Queens.
- The first U.S. Census was taken in 1790. Queens County had 5,393 people living in it, including 1,095 slaves.
Useful Links for New Renters
- Check out the New York Daily News' Queens section, which covers local news, events and sports relevant to the borough's citizens.
- The Queens Economic Development Corporation has a website called "It's in Queens" that outlines things to do, places to eat, business services and upcoming events to keep new renters informed of the best ways to experience their new home.
- The Queens Library is a great resource that offers locals more than just books and eBooks, music, movies and games. It sponsors events for children, teenagers and adults and makes doing research for school or personal interest easy. The library also has a variety of services, from adult literacy programs to free WiFi.
- Visit the website of the Queens Chamber of Commerce for news and events, business directories and membership information.