Discover Houses for Rent in Rensselaer, NY
If you want to find a home for rent in a small city in New York, Rensselaer may be for you. Nestled on the banks of the Hudson River just outside Albany, Rensselaer is known for its abundance of pre-World War II architecture. Residents of this tiny city generally have short commutes to work, thanks to Rensselaer having very little traffic. As an economically diverse community, Rensselaer can be a great fit for just about anyone.
4 Intriguing Facts About Rensselaer
- It was just 30 years after Henry Hudson established Dutch claim to the area in 1609 that diamond merchant Klliaen Van Rensselaer purchased the land that would later become the city that bears his name.
- The City of Rensselaer was incorporated in 1897.
- The average commute to work in Rensselaer is less than 20 minutes.
- It takes approximately two hours and 30 minutes by train to travel from Rensselaer to New York City.
Helpful Resources for Rensselaer Renters
- Rensselaer residents can turn to the city's official website for a wealth of information. Whether you need to apply for a dog license or are hoping to catch up on community news, this is one website you'll want to bookmark.
- Before spending a day cruising down the Hudson River, check the weather forecast.
- Children living in Rensselaer who are enrolled in public school attend class in the East Greenbush Central School District. Learn more from the school district's official website.
Things to Do in and Around Rensselaer
Because Rensselaer is located so close to New York's state capital of Albany, residents have easy access to a wealth of activities, including shopping, theater and a bevy of culinary delights. There are also several nearby parks to enjoy, including Washington Park and Lincoln Park. Be sure to check out the Riverfront Preserve as well.