Find Fantastic Houses for Rent in Rochester, NY
Rochester is the county seat of Monroe County. After New York City and Buffalo, Rochester is New York's third-largest city. As an international hub for higher education and technology and medical development, there's a lot to discover. Those looking for homes for rent in Rochester will have no shortage of entertainment options, restaurants, businesses, schools and recreation opportunities to make life in New York a breeze.
Interesting Facts About Rochester
- Rochester is also known as "The Flower City." It has tons of gorgeous blooms and gardens to add color to the landscape. It also holds an annual Lilac Festival.
- Festival season starts in the spring, and there are more than 140 festivals and events in Rochester and the surrounding Finger Lakes region.
- Rochester has a Philharmonic Orchestra, the Rochester International Jazz Festival, the Downstairs Cabaret, the Rochester Broadway Theatre League and the Garth Fagan School of Dance. There's always a performance to catch.
- There are more than 12 world-class museums in the city, including the George Eastman House, the Strong Museum of Play and the Memorial Art Gallery, which is part of the University of Rochester.
Helpful Links for New Renters in Rochester
- Rochester has a user-friendly website with plenty of information that new residents will find useful. There, you can search information about the local departments, see upcoming events, obtain a permit or license, watch City Council webcasts and more.
- Rochester has its own official tourism site. This is a great way to find out what kinds of activities are going on and which resources are at your recreational disposal. You can search for fun activities by your interests, whether it's photography, hiking, golfing, kids' activities, shopping, music or food and drink.
- Get the latest news on the website of the Democrat and Chronicle, Rochester's source for news, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds.