Discover Perfect Houses for Rent in Rockville Centre, NY
Rockville Centre is an incorporated village in Nassau County, which is located on Long Island. Its boundaries are within the town of Hempstead, and Garden City and Uniondale are nearby. Those looking for homes for rent in the village will love its beautiful location on Long Island, and there's plenty of access to nearby attractions and local businesses, schools and recreation. It's the perfect place for growing families to settle down in New York.
Historical Facts About Nassau County
- On Dec. 13, 1643, a group of New Englanders crossed the Long Island Sound from the Connecticut towns of Wethersfield and Stamford. They landed at Manhasset Bay, crossed the North Shore woodlands and established Hempstead near the area's clear streams and ponds.
- The 50 original families carefully planned and purchased land from the leaders of the Massapequa, Merioke and Rockaway Native Americans who lived in the region.
- Long Island was divided into three counties in 1683: Kings, Suffolk and Queens. In 1898, all the western towns in Queens County became part of New York City. The eastern towns, including Hempstead, were excluded but stayed part of Queens County. Later that year, the towns proposed the creation of a new county, Nassau County, which was created in 1899.
Resources That New Rockville Centre Renters May Find Helpful
- Rockville Centre has a website with tons of useful information that new residents will need. From emergency notifications to online bill pay, everything you need to know about the village can be found there.
- For local news, events, shopping and dining information, check out Rockville Centre's Patch page. It'll keep you up-to-date on what's happening in the community.
- The Rockville Centre Public Library has all the usual trappings of excellent libraries, including vast resources, fun events and free WiFi.