Find Houses for Rent in Snyder, NY
Snyder, N.Y., is a small hamlet located in the Town of Amherst. As a part of the Buffalo-Niagara Falls metropolitan area, Snyder is nearby many amenities, despite its size. People who find homes for rent in Snyder become residents of a tiny community that has many older houses and is tightly knit. With proximity to the Niagara River and access to quality public schools, Snyder is a charming place to live.
What Renters Should Know About Snyder
- Snyder is named for its first postmaster, Michael Snyder.
- There are several main roads in and out of Snyder: Interstate 290, Route 277, Route 240 and Route 5, also known as Main Street.
- Most real estate in Snyder consists of homes that contain anywhere from one to four bedrooms.
- Main Street connects Snyder to Buffalo, and it's the retail shops that have popped up along this road that have contributed to the community's prosperity.
Top Resources for Snyder Renters
- Snyder is located near several country clubs, including Park Country Club and Westwood Country Club. Before heading out to hit a few golf balls, take a look at the weather forecast.
- Because Snyder is located within Amherst, you'll want to become acquainted with services offered by the Recreation and Youth departments. The town's official website contains a wealth of information on these services and others.
Things to Do in and Around Snyder
When living in Snyder, you can take your kids to Garnet Playground, spend the day at Amherst State Park or bike along Ellicott Creek. Residents can also take classes at Daemen College, go shopping at Boulevard Mall and Northtown Plaza Shopping Center, or grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants along Main Street.