Discover Houses for Rent in Staten Island, NY
Although everyone's heard of the iconic Staten Island Ferry, not as many know about Staten Island, N.Y., itself. It's one of New York City's five boroughs, and its convenient location between New York and New Jersey makes it a great place to find a home for rent. With a large number of upwardly mobile people in their 20s and 30s, Staten Island is a wonderful place to live when you're just starting out in NYC.
Interesting Information About Staten Island
- Staten Island is 13.9 miles long and 7.3 miles wide.
- The Staten Island Ferry, which transports people from the borough to lower Manhattan and back again, is used by approximately 20 million people each year.
- The earliest-known schoolhouse in the U.S. was built in 1696 on Staten Island.
- During the American Revolution, Staten Islanders signed their allegiance to the King of England.
- In 1874, Staten Island resident Mary Ewing Outerbridge introduced tennis to North America after visiting Bermuda.
Top Resources for Staten Island Renters
- Planning to take the Staten Island Ferry to work in Manhattan? You'll need to check the daily schedule before you depart.
- Get to know the area by becoming a Staten Island tourist for a day.
- To learn more about Staten Island or download a local map, visit the borough's official website.
Things to Do in and Around Staten Island
Because renters living in Staten Island are residents of New York City, they have access to all of the amenities that the Big Apple offers, including world-class theater, five-star restaurants and unparalleled nightlife. Staten Island itself is also home to historical attractions like Conference House Park, Fort Wadsworth and the Alice Austen House. Spend a day at South Beach, stroll through one of the island's many parks or try your hand at kayaking.