53 Houses for Rent in Tarrytown, New York
Number of Bedrooms
Tarrytown House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Track Down Houses for Rent in Tarrytown, NY
Tarrytown is a village situated directly next to the Hudson River and the Tappan Zee Bridge, providing both an excellent vista of Manhattan and a quick ride to the city. The distance from Tarrytown to New York City will pique the interest of parents looking for homes for rent in Tarrytown.
Many people want to retain the ability to gain quick entrance to the city. From economic opportunity to festive night life, Tarrytown's short distance from New York City is an enormous drawing point. The village itself is emblematic of New York Village life, similar to nearby Irvington. Several houses of worship, including The Reform Church of the Tarrytowns and Christ Episcopal Church, dot the map of Tarrytown.
The village also has a number of beautiful parks. Parents and renters seeking a more suburban environment will be pleased to hear of resplendent parks breaking up the uniform look of housing developments. Tarrytown Lakes Park offers a great chance to picnic by the lake, or go for a calf-straining run. Both the young athlete and a retired professional will be happy to learn of the various opportunities for recreation in family friendly Tarrytown.
Historical Information about Tarrytown
- The village was originally populated by the Weckquaesgeeks, a Native American Tribe.
- Dutch settlers galvanized the economy of Tarrytown, contributing to the agriculture and fishing industries.
- Tarrytown featured heavily in the American revolutionary war. John Andre, a British spy who was given the plans for West Point by Benedict Arnold, was apprehended in the village.
Useful Tools for Potential Renters
- Music lover should visit the website of Tarrytown's Music Hall. This feted venue has hosted acts as diverse as 80's pop star Cyndi Lauper to jazz trumpet virtuoso Wynton Marsalis. Families and renter looking to find a bastion of culture should delve into the history and current shows the Music Hall is celebrating.
- Tarrytown has an old Gothic Manor, titled Lyndhurst, that will be a great place for potential renters who are fans of history and art to visit.